CALL: 864 373 PAIN (7246)
2007 - 2021 VaniMedia © Spine and Pain Care, Anderson SC. Privacy| Security
Physician Profile: Aathirayen Thiyagarajah, M.D
Practicing Spine, Pain and Rehabilitation Medicine in South Carolina since 2002.
- North Colombo Medical College, Ragama, Sri Lanka. 1993
- Harvard Medical School Fellowship in Pain Management at Spaulding Rehabilitation
Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Tufts University Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at New England
Medical Center and Boston VA Hospital, Boston, MA 1998-2001.
- Virginia Commonwealth University Internship in General Surgery at Medical College
of Virginia Hospitals, Richmond, VA. 1997-98.
License & Certification:
- Board Certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification in Pain Medicine
- Subspecialty Certification in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
- Full License to practice Medicine: South Carolina, 2002-
- Full License to practice Medicine: Sri Lanka, 1995 -
- Consultant Physiatrist: Palmetto Baptist Hospital, Easley, SC 2002 -
- Fellow Physician: Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Boston, MA, Massachusetts General
Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 2001-02
- Chief Resident Physician, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Tufts University
– New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 2000-2001
- Resident Physician - Rehabilitation Medicine, Tufts University -New England Medical
Center, Boston, MA 2000-02
- Intern Surgeon, Medical College of Virginia Hospitals, Richmond, VA 1997-98
- Senior House Officer, OB-GYN, Colombo South Teaching Hospital, Kalubowila, Sri Lanka.
- House Officer, Surgery and Pediatrics, General Hospital, Matara, Sri Lanka.1995-96
- Instructor in Acupuncture and Complementary Medicine, Physical Medicine and Therapy,
Colombo, Sri Lanka, 1990-1996.
- Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS), Elected Resident Representative: Governing Council
(1999 to 2002), Delegate: Inter specialty Committee, Delegate: International Medical
Graduate Section of MMS, State Delegate to the AMA (1999 to 2002)